Saturday, December 20, 2008

Stare and be Silent

An arms reach away he was -
I could barely see his chinky eyes dancing in laughter
Covered by his black curtain of hair
And all I could do is stare and be silent.

His laugh, like a couple of tiny bells shaking -
Composing a tune that would lull me to wonder
What is this thing that I feel
And all I could do is stare and be silent.

A weekend's start is fresh with you by my side,
With you unknowing of this interest that you
Have sparked within me.
And all I could do is stare and be silent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He was really just an arm's reach away and all I could do was stare. We still exchange words and still he knows nothing. Now he is a million miles away, I could stare no more and still I remain silent.

No comments: