Thursday, December 18, 2008

Looking forward to being un-dead

I read this article - about being like dead at the age of 28 from inquirer.net : http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view/20081214-177865/Woman-thinks-her-life-is-over-at-28 and can't help but see myself in a similar manner. Well, I really don't hate my job - in fact I love my current job, I love my team and my company but social-wise, I think I am dead. Hahahaha. I just go to work, go home, sleep, and work again. During the weekends, I tend to circle Redmond and Bellevue but not really interact with humans. In short, I am pretty bored. I don't even know if I can be defined as a human being. Or as a social being perhaps with the social side of my life inactive.

This is the reason why I am going to volunteer for the Humane Society come February. I really look forward to doing this! Learning how to care for animals, walk dogs, feed them and the best thing is, interacting with the other volunteers. Then I can be human again! Hahaha. I can't help but recall the cut song from the animation Beauty and the Beast "Human Again" sang by the candlestick what's his name again? Lumier? and the rest of the ex-human staff of the Beast Castle.

Life has been stable but can't help and look for other social outlets in life. Lousy I know. And I am still beginning to face my social side here in Redmond. Maybe next week perhaps with a plate of sushi in between or Filipino food. Perhaps. :)

Weather has not been too good but not really that bad. I mean - a little sprinkle of snow here and there and the people here panic! They even cancelled classes. A little snow wouldn't harm you! I survived snow storms in Iowa - and walked to Walmart for at least 30 minutes while it was snowing. How is that? But yeah - it is really melancholic seeing the thin layer of snow lacing Redmond and can't help but recall my Iowa winter experience.

Well back to work! ^_^

1 comment:

joolean said...

it's a good thing to join Humane Society. However may I remind you that with the DE course that you will enroll next month, it will keep you very busy besides your job. I barely keep up the lectures now, and this I'll have an exam. Gosh, time flies so fast...