Thursday, October 23, 2008

In the greater scheme of things

These lines of one particular song keeps getting into my mind:

Tired of weaving dreams
Too loose for me to wear.
Tired of watching clouds
Repeat their dance on air.
Tired of getting tied, to doing what's required.
Is life a mere routine in the greater scheme of things?
Through with taking roads someone else designed
Through with chasing stars that soon forget to shine
Will I even be surprised that you're with me in disguise
Does my life still mean a thing in the greater scheme of things?

I think I'll follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
I hope to find my place so my life can fall in place
I know in time I'll find my place
In the greater scheme of things.

========================================================

The past month has been kind of hard for me.
True, people do stupid things sometimes and we just have to forgive them.
But sometimes it just is too hard to forget what they have done.
But you try to forget and forgive at the same time. I hope forgetting and forgiving go hand in hand. But they just don't.
Sometimes, you want something but then you realize that wanting that something is wrong. But spatting that something out leaves a bitter taste in your mouth that your memory relives in some random chew you sometimes make making sweet tasting morsels difficult to enjoy.
I wish I had been wiser.
But thank God there is a tomorrow, a tomorrow that acts like a sebo de macho, a tomorrow that slowly erases scars.
Thank you Lord for the blessings.

No comments: