Friday, January 11, 2008

It's Done

This is a week of truth. Veritas liberabit vos. The truth shall set you free. Indeed.

I felt heavy - t'was as if I was carrying a sack of rice, and I could not put it down if my destination has not been reached. And I just could not have the heart of daring to put it down. So I heaved a huge amount of breath and started walking to his cube.

It's not easy. I mean, my team leader has been one of the most calm and easy-to-work-with persons I've ever known in my life. And I have a project deadline on April! But I had to push myself and drag my feet towards his cube. I had to tell him the truth.

I told him of my plans. Once I got started, it all flowed. But I had to go direct to the point. No more dramas. And I apologized for the short notice. I just could not risk things if the surety is just like 40%. I had to be 100% sure.

His reaction made me want to stay. But I have to let go and pursue my dream. If it is my destiny to remain there, then I'll stay. if only I would have the chance to work with him again in the future.

I'm indeed fortunate to have had a TL like him.

Then I was able to breath freely again. My eyes were stinging with trapped tears but I had to prevent the gates from opening. I had to stay calm and strong. My voice kept breaking, but I was glad I did not cry.

It's done.

This write is not yet done. I will be adding another article on my other experience just the start of this week.

No comments: